Changes coming this year (2018) to the Bucks County Playhouse.
The Bucks County Playhouse and some of the surrounding properties are undergoing some serious construction. Plans are underway to improve the theater, add dining and rooms and create a river walk. (2019 – much of the work has been completed)
There were some signs on the construction fence at the Bucks County Playhouse outlining some major changes. The first is that the Carriage House, which is just south of the Playhouse, will be renovated. The Carriage House dates back to the 1700’s. It will have first rate amenities including a chef’s kitchen.
Update – Sept 2019 – Much of the project mentioned below has been completed.
The playhouse itself is expanding with dining, a cafe and bar and “Post show desert Entertainment”. This seems similar to the Show Place in Beach Haven NJ which would serve ice cream with entertainment being provided by the actors from the associated Surflight Theater.
Update Sept 2019 –
- The Deck Restaurant is open and provides spectacular views of the River.
- The River walk is open.
- For more information , visit the Bucks County Playhouse site.
- The Deck Restaurant and Bar
- The Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope at night
- Bowman’s Hill Tower
- Construction on the I-95 to PA Turnpike connector is nearing completion.
- Bucks County Restaurant Week – April 29 to May 5 2018
- The Cactus Grill in Pipersville, Pa.
- Tyler State Park – Newtown, PA
- The Club House Diner