The Deck Restaurant and Bar
The Deck opened in December 2018. It has a great view of the Delaware River. We visited in April 2019.
The area around the Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope is undergoing some extensive renovation. There is a partially completed Promenade behind the Bucks County Playhouse. There was a small bar there previously. That has been expanded to “The Deck”, a second floor restaurant and bar overlooking the Delaware River.
You can get to the restaurant via the outside stairs or elevators. We lucked out in getting a seat immediately in spite of not having reservations.
There is a large mirror so that people facing away from the river still get a view.
We had the Philly Cheesteak rolls for an appetizer. I ordered the Smokehouse Burger and my girlfriend ordered the Caprese sandwich. The service and food were excellent.
One downer for me was when I noticed that the party two tables over brought their dog. My personal preference is to not dine with animals. Restaurants who choose to be “Pet friendly” should post a sign indicating that so that people can make an informed choice.
Visit The Deck’s site for more information. They offer live entertainment on most nights.
- The Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope at night
- Changes coming this year (2018) to the Bucks County Playhouse.
- High Tides Restaurant in Bensalem
- The New Britain Inn
- The Continental Tavern in Yardley
- The Buttonwood Grill – Lahaska Pa
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- Construction on the I-95 to PA Turnpike connector is nearing completion.