Bowman’s Hill Tower
Bowman’s Tower is just south of New Hope. You can drive to the top of the hill to the tower. There is a small charge for admission. You can either walk up the steps or take the elevator. Either way, there are about 20 final steps to the top of the tower. Once there, the view is fantastic.
The climb is relatively easy. The view from the top is spectacular. Check with them before you go especially if bad weather is expected. For more information see the Washington Crossing Park site.
As of 2019 admission is $7. The hours are 10 am to 4 pm. The tower is 125 feet but the fact that it is situated on the top of a mountain allows for a fantastic view. The tower is closed from January through Mid-March.
Bowman’s Tavern is by the river at the bottom of the hill if you are looking for a place to eat before or after visiting the tower.
- Bowman’s Tavern in New Hope
- C’est La Vie French Bakery in New Hope
- Uhlerstown Covered Bridge
- A macabre collection of motley mannequins in New Hope.
- Buckingham Valley Station
- Civil War canons in Lambertville NJ
- Civil War Re-enactment in Neshaminy State Park – April 2013
- Southampton Station. Formerly part of the Fox Chase – Newtown Line