Bowman’s Hill Tower
Bowman’s Tower is just south of New Hope. You can drive to the top of the hill to the tower. There is a small charge for admission. You can either walk up the steps or take the elevator. Either way, there are about 20 final steps to the top of the tower. Once there, the view is fantastic.
The climb is relatively easy. The view from the top is spectacular. Check with them before you go especially if bad weather is expected. For more information see the Washington Crossing Park site.
As of 2019 admission is $7. The hours are 10 am to 4 pm. The tower is 125 feet but the fact that it is situated on the top of a mountain allows for a fantastic view. The tower is closed from January through Mid-March.
You can walk to the top or take an elevator most of the way. If you take the elevator, there are still 23 steps to the observation deck. From the deck, you have a view of about 14 miles on a clear day. You can see the Delaware River and New Jersey.
Construction on the tower began in 1929 and was completed in 1931. For more details, see the Bowman’s Tower page.
Bowman’s Tavern is by the river at the bottom of the hill if you are looking for a place to eat before or after visiting the tower.
- Bowman’s Tavern in New Hope
- Trains at New Hope – May 2014
- The Canon in New Hope – But do you see the problem?
- The Deck Restaurant and Bar
- Changes coming this year (2018) to the Bucks County Playhouse.
- High Tides Restaurant in Bensalem
- C’est La Vie French Bakery in New Hope
- Random images of New Hope – March 2018