Revolutionary War Dioramas in Neshaminy Mall
There are a series of Dioramas in Neshaminy Mall depicting scenes from Colonial Times and the War for Independence. These are a unique piece of history and have been there since the mall opened in 1968
The dioramas were commissioned by George Strawbridge. They were part of the wall on the mall side of the Strawbridge and Clothier store. As of April 2018, that store is vacant.
When they were first installed, they were animated and there was a narration for each scene. As of 2018 they animations are no longer working.
These dioramas were created well in advance of the internet. For many people, this was a way to see history in ‘3d’ instead of just reading a book.
Washington’s Crossing of the Delaware is reenacted every year, weather permitting, at Washington Crossing Park. They have replica Durham Boats used in the crossing.
Sadly, the Neshaminy Mall Site makes no mention of this valuable piece of American History.
- Durham Boats at Washington Crossing in 2005
- The Beer Store in Southampton
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- NWS Snowfall amounts for Bucks County for Jan 4 2018
- Bucks County Restaurant Week – April 29 to May 5 2018
- Civil War Reenactment at Neshaminy State Park – Cancelled
- Bowman’s Hill Tower
- Civil War Re-enactment in Neshaminy State Park – April 2013