Protect your home against property and mortgage fraud
There is a growing trend where unscrupulous people file fraudulent claims against the legitimate owners of properties. Fortunately Bucks County offers a free service that will alert you to such attempts.
The scam involves people who get enough information, some times from public records, to create a false claim against a property. In some cases, the rightful owners have been evicted. This can result in tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees. In other cases, people take out loans against a property which again causes severe financial loss to the rightful owners.
Bucks County (as well as neighboring Montgomery County) offers a service that will let homeowners know if there are documents filed that affect them.
Visit the Bucks County Landex Record alert page. BE SURE THAT YOU ARE VISITING THE OFFICIAL BUCKS COUNTY PAGE. The system will take you through a couple of simple pages. You will need to confirm your email address.
Note. If you own a property where someone else was on a title, even if they are deceased, you should probably add their names. You are limited to monitoring five names.
Signing up for this free service only takes a couple of minutes but could save you from the horror of being a victim of property fraud.
- Bucks County Alert System – Sign up for emergency alerts
- WPA Twin Bridges in Lenape Park in Perkasie
- The Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope at night
- The Deck Restaurant and Bar
- Bucks County Restaurant Roundup – January 2020
- High Tides Restaurant in Bensalem
- Beware of fake Peco employees.
- Herbicides at Peppermint Park in Springfield blamed for dog deaths.