Civil War Reenactment at Neshaminy State Park – Cancelled
The 2019 Civil War Reenactment at Neshaminy Park has been cancelled.
It seems that Neshaminy Park will no longer be hosting the Civil War reenactment. This is a real shame as it was a fantastic way to bring our Nation’s history to life.
The state claimed that event attendees were willfully violating park rules regarding alcohol, drugs and overnight guests.
The organizers are looking for another venue for future reenactments. Some resources regarding this are:
- Neshaminy Living History Facebook page
- Thread on civilwartalk
- Article in the Intelligencer – check the comments
SUMMARY – I will keep an eye out to see if this event returns to Bucks County. If anyone hears of a possible new venue, please leave a note in the comments.
- Civil War Re-enactment in Neshaminy State Park – April 2013
- Civil War canons in Lambertville NJ
- The Wycombe Train Station on the New Hope Line
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- The Schofield Covered Bridge in Tyler Park
- Revolutionary War Dioramas in Neshaminy Mall
- Tyler State Park – Newtown, PA
- Durham Boats at Washington Crossing in 2005