Fonthill Castle in Doylestown
Fonthill Castle was the home of Henry Chapman Mercer. Fonthill is one of three concrete structures build by Mercer. The other two are the Mercer Museum and the Moravian Pottery Works. Mercer mixed and poured the concrete by hand with the help of a couple of men and a donkey.
The museum is definitely worth a trip. Many of the rooms have built in furniture made of concrete. Some of the concrete work is painted to resemble wood. There are dozens of other unique features of the home that highlight the eccentricity and genius of Mercer.
For further information:
- The Mercer Museum in Doylestown
- Bensalem police look for help in identifying two burglars
- The Waterwheel Tavern in Doylestown
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- Water Authority Scam
- The Wycombe Publik House in Wycombe
- A macabre collection of motley mannequins in New Hope.
- The Wycombe Train Station on the New Hope Line