The Mercer Museum in Doylestown
My GF and I took a trip to the Mercer Museum in April 2017. It’s a fantastic, interesting place to visit. Henry Mercer, a wealthy Doylestown eccentric built the museum to house what he saw as an endangered part of Americana. The solid concrete structure houses about five floors of artifacts.
The Mercer Museum is one of three concrete structures built by Henry Chapman Mercer. The others are Fonthill Castle which was his home and the Moravian Tile and Pottery works.
For more information, see:
- Fonthill Castle in Doylestown
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- WPA Twin Bridges in Lenape Park in Perkasie
- The Waterwheel Tavern in Doylestown
- Fantastic Christmas Light Display at Terwood Road and Brenden Place
- Bensalem police look for help in identifying two burglars
- Steam Engine Number 40 from the New Hope Ivyland Railroad at New Hope and Lahaska
- Engine 2198 at night – New Hope Railroad Station