Fonthill Castle in Doylestown
Fonthill Castle was the home of Henry Chapman Mercer. Fonthill is one of three concrete structures build by Mercer. The other two are the Mercer Museum and the Moravian Pottery Works. Mercer mixed and poured the concrete by hand with the help of a couple of men and a donkey.
The museum is definitely worth a trip. Many of the rooms have built in furniture made of concrete. Some of the concrete work is painted to resemble wood. There are dozens of other unique features of the home that highlight the eccentricity and genius of Mercer.
For further information:
- The Mercer Museum in Doylestown
- Bensalem police look for help in identifying two burglars
- The Waterwheel Tavern in Doylestown
- Water Authority Scam
- The Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem
- Bensalem Police made an arrest in the 10000 packets of Heroin found at a high school
- Fantastic Christmas Light Display at Terwood Road and Brenden Place
- WPA Twin Bridges in Lenape Park in Perkasie