Tyler State Park – Newtown, PA
Tyler State Park is located just outside Newtown, Pa. at 101 Swamp Rd. Newtown, PA 18940-1151 (note – there are several entrances to the park and parking areas.
Tyler State Park is located just outside of Newtown. The park has numerous picnic areas, water sports, equestrian, walking and bicycling trails and more. The park was originally part of the Tyler estate. if you happen to be in the area, see if there are any public events, such as their annual home show, at the adjacent Bucks County Community College. The old Tyler Mansion now serves as an administration building for the college.
Tyler State Park, Newtown, Pennsylvania
In addition to numerous wooded trails, Tyler Park also has fields that are actively farmed. The Schofield Ford covered bridge has been rebuilt. It’s worth the walk to see it.
Tyler State Park offers a variety of outdoor activities including
- Picnic Areas – There are a number of picnic areas with Pavillions throughout the park. Check with the park about reservations.
- Fishing – Subject to Pa Fish and Boat Commission Rules – Species found in the Neshaminy Creek include: sunfish, black crappie, carp, smallmouth bass
- Boating – Electric motors only. Canoe Rentals Available – Boat Permits Required.
- Winter activities
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Fishing
- Bicycling – hilly trails.
- Horseback riding – Miles of trails are available.
- Hiking – The trails range from paved and easy to some more challenging trails through the woods.
- Environmental Education – Check with the park about their educational programs which run from September through May.
- Theater – The Spring Garden Mill which is right at 332 and the Neshaminy Creek is a small theater.
- Wildlife Watching – The park has a variety of birds, deer and other animals.
- Disc Golf – A course winds through the woods and fields where you use a frisbee instead of golf clubs and golfballs.
- Accessibility – If you have special needs, contact the park.